Current Job Listings:
Hitachi Kokusai Electric Comark LLC has several positions available at their facility in Southwick, MA:
New Hampshire Public Radio
Director of Technology
to download the recruitment profile.
New Hampshire Public Radio seeks a Director of Technology (DoT) to work closely with the Chief Operating Officer and leadership team in providing strategic and tactical leadership for the technology needs of NHPR. The DoT oversees broadcast operations, information technology, engineering functions, broadcast transmission/distribution services, and a suite of digital products and delivery systems. The DoT is responsible for planning, developing, and maintaining the station’s technical infrastructure. He/she serves as Chief Operator of all FCC licensed facilities, ensuring full compliance with FCC rules and regulations, CPB standards, and other applicable laws and policies. The Director of Technology manages a full-time staff of three technology professionals as well as independent contractors and vendors.
The Position: Director of Technology
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
Core Technical Competencies: Reliable IT infrastructure.
Content management systems for broadcast.
Efficient multiplatform workflow.
Support for mobile and emerging platforms.
Continuing support for radio. Disaster recovery for enterprise level information, networking and production systems.
Technical Infrastructure, Planning & Operations.
Manage all aspects of technology for NHPR, including broadcast engineering, information technology, and studio operations. Remain abreast of the latest developments in digital, broadcast, and business technology.
Lead the assessment, implementation, and support of software or business applications considering compatibility with NHPR’s technology environment and long-range plans, risks, benefits, efficiencies, shelf-life, maintenance, and costs.
Establish, update, and maintain standard operating procedures and technology policies/protocols that ensure secure, efficient and quality performance of NHPR technology systems and equipment.
Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local regulatory requirements, including FCC and CPB filings.
Maintain thorough and accurate documentation of all transmission, production, distribution, telecommunications, and computer equipment.
Oversee the digital operations of radio’s technical facilities and the ongoing maintenance of the interactive platforms.
Develop training programs for key systems, ensuring proper operation and full utilization of technological capacity.
Ensure that technology department is responsive and communicative about issues that arise.
Oversee business continuity and recovery systems for natural disasters and any
Job# 2 - ESPN
RF Transmission Engineer
Apply Now for this job: RF Transmission Engineer
Job ID 522511BR
Job Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we are always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
ESPN operates a high volume and fast paced Transmission Operations Center (TOC) and fiber Network Operations Center (NOC) that provides programming contribution and distribution for all ESPN Networks as well as content for ABC Sports and The Walt Disney Company. A large contributor to this operation is a satellite Teleport with 12 transmit / receive satellite antennas, 10 receive only satellite antennas, and a Simulsat antenna that has the capability to simultaneously receive signals from up to 35 orbital positions in the CONUS arc. ESPN consumes and distributes vast amounts of data which requires significant bandwidth capabilities. Therefore, ESPN operates a privately owned global fiber network (ESPNet) that has 92 nodes, connecting 20 remote production facilities, 6 States and 9 foreign countries. The ESPNet fiber networks deliver our content to and from sites throughout the world where sports are played and passionately experienced. The TOC/NOC manages dozens of full time domestic and international networks, along with hundreds of individual outgoing feeds, and nearly 200,000 incoming feeds annually.
The successful candidate must have superior troubleshooting skills as well as knowledge and experience specific to the operation and support of video/audio/data processing, transmission and reception via satellite RF, fiber optics, and IP transport systems.
· Work as a member of ESPN Technology team and the division’s Media Engineering & Operations team to implement state of the art technical facilities and distribution systems at our headquarters in Bristol Connecticut.
· Respond to and resolve Broadcast facility issues and perform oversight and maintenance on key Transmission/RF contribution and distribution systems.
· Perform fabrication, installation, maintenance, and repair of the radio-frequency (RF) equipment used in large-scale satellite downlink and uplink operations; such as waveguide assemblies, cables, and fiber-optic systems.
· When required perform preventative maintenance on all TV broadcasting systems and equipment, such as MPEG Compression systems, Encoders, Multiplexers, Modulators, Protection Switches, Uplink Based Conditional Access and Decoder Control, Integrated Receiver Decoders (IRDs), switchers, consoles, playout servers, cameras, robotics, and electromechanical equipment.
· Monitors the performance of systems; maintains system configuration history of changes, troubleshoots and participates in repairing systems problems and failures, participates in leading or leads the maintenance of systems, installs software patches, updates etc., to resolve and avoid service problems, and troubleshoots system problems as they relate to these services.
· Responds to system outages, malfunctions, and related technical problems, and conducts diagnostic testing, repair and replacement activities necessary to solve routine, specialized, and complex problems.
· Develops and implements effective preventative maintenance and diagnostic/solutions, techniques and procedures.
· Coordinates and / or performs upgrades to system hardware and software; coordinates the activities of technicians involved in the deployment and configuration of the systems, and with vendors on moves, additions and re-locations of systems or equipment.
· Develops and implements effective preventative maintenance and diagnostic/solutions, techniques and procedures for systems such as; Audio normalization, Ratings information system (i.e. Nielsen and Arbitron), Frame Syncs, Distribution Amplifiers, Closed Captioning, Redundancy switching, Content routers: Preferable knowledge in Evertz, SDI, ASI, IP multicast.
· Participates in planning or plans for the facility infrastructure; participates in evaluating or evaluates new technologies, in researching network and system configurations for future implementation of ESPN’s systems.
· Maintain up to date operational procedures to support daily productions and emergency recovery scenarios.
· Generates and organizes required project technical documentation required to support and operate all company broadcast facilities.
· Monitors project progress and periodically updates project schedules, noting achievement of milestones and issues requiring resolution.
· 6+ years of experience in Earth Station operation and maintenance.
· Demonstrated experience with Satellite Communications, including Geostationary orbits, Transponder theory, Transponder Padding, Satellite Lifespans (Inclined Orbits), Cross polarization / Isolation.
· Demonstrated experience in knowledge with Satellite Teleport Infrastructure, RF Propagation characteristics, RF Interference Mitigation, FCC Compliance, commitment to RF and Electrical Safety Principles.
· Strong background in uplink access procedures and working with satellite providers to ensure access compliance.
· Demonstrated ability and skill for component-level troubleshooting required on High-Power Amplifiers (HPA), fiber-optic systems, up converters, down converters, RF switching units, Antenna Control Units (ACUs), Low-Noise Amplifiers (LNAs) and Low-Noise Block Down converters (LNBs), and switching and/or monitoring audio/video equipment.
· Advance understanding of signal routing control systems to route video/audio and IP signals.
· Must be knowledgeable of the different video/audio CODECs used in program transmission.
· Has in-depth experience providing Highly Availability Windows/Unix/Linux environments.
· Has a solid understanding of SCSI, Fibre Channel, SAN, NAS, RAID and I/O Storage Sub-Systems. Principles.
· In-Depth experience with FTP, SSH, HTTP/S, SNMP, and DNS.
· Familiarity with television transmission operations, MPEG and JPEG CODECS, and ASI stream analyzers
· Demonstrated hands on knowledge and experience with; MPEG Compression systems, preferably Arris and Harmonic, Encoders, Multiplexers, Modulators, Protection switches, Uplink Based Conditional Access and Decoder Control, Integrated Receiver Decoders (IRDs) and experience with the following manufacturers: Arris, Harmonic, Ericsson, Adtec, Ateme, TVU .
· Knowledge of basic Networking concepts such as: Routers, Switches, Subnetting, Ethernet cable installation and termination and proper cabling to support service inputs/outputs and plant integration
· RF (Lband), IP multicast, SDI, ASI, Analog Audio, AES audio, HDMI, Display Port, Component, Composite, Ethernet, Serial Data.
· Experience in the use of specialized electronic test and monitoring equipment including spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, network analyzers, RFR measurement gear.
· Physical requirements and work environment: Ability to climb ladders, work on raised structures and building roofs, operate areal lift platforms, operate forklifts.
· 6+ years of experience in IT, Broadcast Engineering or related field.
· Has extensive knowledge of television production hardware, software, systems and specifications, TCP\\IP protocols on servers and workstations, systems management and server administration.
· Advance demonstrated IT skills including TCP/IP networking concepts and equipment, storage systems, redundant computer system concepts, administration, etc.
· Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
· Experience with Digital trunked radio systems, Subscriber unit management and maintenance, RF combiners, circulators, filters and other Land Mobile basic functions.
· Knowledge and experience with Fiber Optic theory, installation and maintenance including Fusion Splicing, certifications and use of OTDR’s and other related test equipment.
· Bachelor of Science degree in a Technology related field or a minimum of 8 years of experience in a media/broadcast environment as described above.
· Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Information Technology or a minimum of 8 years of experience in a media/broadcast environment as described above.
· SBE or equivalent certifications.
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.